Kansas City boasts historic venues and incredible dining, so why not host your rehearsal dinner at one of Kansas City’s best rehearsal dinner locations? Whether you are hosting a formal affair for 25 or inviting 200 out of town guests for a true Kansas City barbecue feast, these are my top Kansas City rehearsal dinner venues. Each of these rehearsal dinner locations are locally owned, ideal for the couple that wants to show their guests the true Kansas City experience.
Kansas City’s Best Rehearsal Locations // Venues
The majority of the following venues allow the option to select caterers from their preferred vendor list.
- Boulevard Brewery: Soak in skyline views of Kansas City while sipping on local handcrafted brews created at Boulevard is perfect for the couple looking to kick things off Kansas City style. Choose to serve Jack Stack barbecue and your guests will be soaking in all of the best flavors that Kansas City has to offer.
- Amigoni Winery: Located in the Stockyards District of Kansas City, Amigoni Winery has charm, natural light and boasts Kansas City history. Consider pairing wine with Charcuterie and gourmet small bites from Moxie Catering.
- Tom’s Town Distillery: Step back into time at one of Kansas City’s craft distillery’s, named after Tom Pendergast, a politician who ran the City in the 1920s and 1930s. For a speakeasy feel, serve bar bites paired with cocktails (as per their website, Tom’s Town requires renters to use their own food and drink).
- Loose Mansion: From exquisite chandeliers to historic woodwork, Loose Mansion is the perfect all-inclusive option to host your Kansas City rehearsal dinner. This mansion, built in 1907 is filled with rich history and delectable cuisine.
- Your Parent’s Home: Grill out or bring in local barbecue for a laid back, open-house, type feel. Ask aunts to each bake a pie, serve lemonade and tea in mason jars and soak up the company of all guests who came from near and far to celebrate the nuptials.
Kansas City’s Best Rehearsal Locations // Restaurants
- Lidia’s: Located in the heart of Kansas City’s freight-district, Lidia’s is one of the most popular rehearsal dinner locations for Nellie Sparkman Events couples. In my opinion, Northern-Italian dining and wine is the perfect way to begin a celebration.
- Jack Stack Freight House: Invite your guests to indulge in one of Kansas City’s most sought after barbecue restaurants. Located in Kansas City’s freight-district, enjoy the views of Kansas City’s historic Union Station and bustling freight trains while dining on Burnt Ends, Cheesy Corn Bake and Mom’s Carrot Cake.
- Chicken and Pickle: When I had a Bride tell me that she planned to host her rehearsal here, I thought it was such a fun idea! Chicken and Pickle’s casual atmosphere, beer garden and a pickle ball courts are perfect for the athletic couple that wants to sit back, relax and have some laughs the night before their nuptials.
- The Classic Cup Wine Cellar: A hidden gem on The Country Club Plaza, The Classic Cup Wine Cellar has a separate “hidden” entrance. Upon entering the large wooden doors, guests will be wowed by the mosaic marble floor, hand rubbed cherry wine racks, Straus crystal chandeliers and imported Italian chairs accent.
- The Webster House: Located in a Romanesque-style school next door to the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, The Webster House is known for its seasonal menus focused on ingredients from local producers. The Webster House is perfect for the couple looking to entertain their guests with Kansas City charm and history, as well as some of Kansas City’s finest dining.
- Teo Cali: Looking for a location with a bit of Mexican flair, look no further than Teo Cali! Experience the authentic flavors of Mexico in a relaxed, family style atmosphere at this Mexican restaurant located in Kansas City’s midtown.
- Anton’s Tap Room: Located in the Crossroads district, Anton’s Tap Room is home to Kansas City’s best selling steak and a large selection of draft beers.
- Browne’s Irish Marketplace: Step into Ireland at North America’s oldest Irish business for shepherd pie and a drop of Guinness. Perfect for the Irish couple looking to celebrate their heritage.
- Grand Street Cafe on the Country Club Plaza: Contemporary and modern, Grand Street Cafe overlooks the Kansas City Country Club and offers several private event spaces. Perfect for intimate dinners of 20 or larger groups up to 200.
- Rye KC: Farm-to-table American fare & rye cocktails served in a stylish, urban-farmhouse setting is perfect for the couple looking for a relaxed feel, with exceptional food. Don’t forget to serve your guests Rye KC’s famous pie, it’s simply exquisite!
If you are looking for assistance in planning your wedding or rehearsal dinner, contact the Nellie Sparkman Events team for all your planning needs.