Happy 2018, my friends! My website received a bit of refreshing over the Holidays and I am so excited to dive back in and journal more in my little corner of the web. To me, my website is a bit like my home: if it isn’t perfectly cleaned, organized decorated, it makes it hard for me invite guests in. Now, thanks to Show.It, I feel like I finally feel like my website home is exactly where I want to be and I am excited to welcome you in. So, with that… Welcome to the remodeled home of Nellie Sparkman Events & Stationery Studio!
2017 was a year of wonderful things, let’s recap, shall we?
- First and foremost, I changed the business name from Events by Nellie to Nellie Sparkman. Within the Nellie Sparkman Brand is both Nellie Sparkman Events and Nellie Sparkman Stationery Studio. I kept pushing this change off for months and months on end, hoped for an elaborate relaunch and celebration, I finally said push the button and re-launch. The name change happened for a variety of reasons 1) I was starting to create more wedding stationery for other planners and wanted them to comfortable sending their clients to me 2) I felt like my overall style was developing, but my business name did not reflect those changes. 3) I could not come up with a logo that I loved using Events by Nellie (ha! #designer challenges).
- 2017 kicked off the first year that I was full time working in Nellie Sparkman Events & Stationery Studio. For nearly 10 years, I had worked in non-profit work and corporate event planning. In June 2016, I shifted entirely to running this business full-time and have not looked back.
- Our team coordinated a record number of weddings both Full Service and Event Management. I could not be more proud of the women that work alongside me each and every weekend. I might be bias, but I think we have the best team in the region.
- Nellie Sparkman Stationery Studio was officially born. I had a record number of stationery clients and loved getting to help with the planning and design from an entirely different viewpoint. Many planners entrusted me with their clients and I am so humbled for these opportunities.
- Shannon Gail reached out to me in May to coordinate Leawood, KS registry plus event with Crate & Barrel. This was an incredible opportunity to work with a planner whom I admire greatly and a brand that I love so dearly. The first Leawood Registry Plus Event at Crate & Barrel took place in September, filled with some of our incredible vendor partners and so many newly engaged couples.
This is just the peak of the blessings that were bestowed upon me in 2017. It doesn’t even touch the memories made with my family (a two week Colorado adventure, taking Micheal to his first K-State football game and a weekend trip to Nashville).
I look forward to what life brings in 2018 and to journaling more regularly on here with the laundry list of things I want to tell you. Topics include: planning tips and tricks, etiquette advice, wedding and stationery inspiration, behind the scenes of our fixer-upper turned Cape Cod styled home and a bit of my personal life. What are some other things you would like me to share?